To get started with Assistant Relay, you will first need to setup a project in the Google Cloud Console to integrate with. You will need to repeat these steps, for every Google Account you wish to add to Assistant Relay
Make sure you are signed into the Google Account you want this to work with!
Rather than list all the steps on how to configure this, please follow the Configure a Developer Project and Account Settings guide from Google.
Once you have completed steps 1 - 6, come back to this guide and follow the below instructions:
- Go to the Google Developer Console and ensure that your project is selected from the dropdown at the top
- Click on the
Credentialslink in the left hand menu
- At the top, click the
Create Credentialsbutton and select
OAuth Client ID
TV and Limited Input devicesfrom the dropdown list
- Give your client ID a name, such as
Assistant Relay. Click
- Click the
Downloadbutton to download your credentials json file.
Now that you have your credentials json file downloaded, it's time to setup Assistant Relay
- Run the command
npm run startto start Assistant Relay
- In your terminal/command window, you will see a message giving you a link to the Assistant Relay Dashboard. Open this link in a web browser
- You can now follow the setup wizard, adding a username and providing the credentials json you downloaded above
- Once you have setup your first user, Assistant Relay will broadcast a message to announce it is setup.
Assistant Relay has a set of options that can be configured under the
Configuration tab of the Assistant Relay dashboard.
At this time, the following configuration options are available:
- Mute Startup Sound: If set to off, Assistant Relay will broadcast a message when it starts up
- Port Number: Change the port Assistant Relay is running on
- Quiet Hours: If enabled, Quiet Hours let you set a time when broadcasts are not announced.
- Conversation Language: Change the language that Assistant Relay communicates with the Assistant SDK
By default, Assistant Relay runs on port 3000. If you need to change this before running Assistant Relay, you can do this by creating a
- In the
assistant-relayfolder, navigate to the
- Create a file called
- Inside this file, paste the below code, modify the port number and save.
- Start Assistant Relay